Our Park Conservation Work
Lowther Holiday Park is a wildlife wonderland which helps us create such a fantastic holiday experience!
When David Bellamy began examining the conservation work being carried out by holiday parks almost ten years ago, he made some very exciting discoveries. For it wasn’t just human guests which were enjoying the natural surroundings. Birds, animals and plant life were also flourishing. As a result of the good environmental practices being put to work.
Lowther Holiday Park is annually assessed by Professor Bellamy’s award scheme. This highlights the many remarkable achievements our park operates and to encourage others to follow suit. We are delighted to have been awarded A Gold Grade Award once again!
How we gained our Gold Grade Award:
- Maintaining a natural environment for birds such as Species of Ducks, Moorhens and Kingfishers to name a few…
- Commitment to the conservation of Red Squirrels being part of The Penrith and District Red Squirrel Group.
- Our wardens are experienced in wildlife management.
- Maintenance of natural hedgerows, home to many birds & animals.
- Use of a variety of electric vehicles to cut back on our carbon footprint.
- Use of low energy electric fittings wherever we can.
- All our team are committed to reducing utilities usage where possible.
Help us to help the environment too during your stay with us – we’re proud of our environment and want you to be too!